Berlin, and the chaotic Weimar republic is tearing itself apart as Nazis and Communists vie for the people's hearts, while the currency devalues so quickly that wages are paid in wheelbarrows of cash and banknotes must be over-printed at 1,000 times their original worth. Where does one go to drown one's sorrows? Why, Herr Kettner's Kabaret, of course.
Step into a decadent, desperate world where economic collapse and political mayhem waltz drunkenly with bold new art and bolder social inhibitions—the crossroads between an elegant feudal past and the thrilling modern world, where monocled aristocrats share tables with revolutionaries and women dressed as men, an artistic melting pot that produces the madness of Dada, George Grosz's satirical grotesques and the futuristic dystopian movie Metropolis.
Forget the gloom outside: here, across three floors of Herr Kettner's beautiful house, you can sway to the new "jazz" music from America, learn to dance the Charleston, flirt with our cabaret singers, guffaw at our comedians, and quaff Champagne and cocktails like there's no tomorrow—there probably isn't.
Our next party:
Friday 21st March
The revels will take place across three floors, with live entertainment at every turn.
A limited number of full dining tickets are available, priced at £75. Your evening begins with a welcome glass of Laurent-Perrier Champagne at 7pm, followed by a three-course dinner from 7.30pm (to see the sumptuous menu click on the image on the right), with exclusive cabaret performances in the dining room. After dinner, wander the house and wallow in the hedonism…
Non-dining tickets are £20, or £30 including a welcome glass of Laurent-Perrier Champagne, and include all the main entertainment.
● In the Ballroom there will be live 1920s ragtime, jazz and swing music from the Dixie Ticklers, plus vintage DJing from Aila of the Bees Knees, and complimentary dance lessons from London Swing Cats.
● In the Kabaret Lounge there will be two cabaret shows, hosted by Christian Lee, master of riotous comedy magic, and featuring stunning burlesque from statuesque beauty Sophia St Villier and a storm of hula energy from Polly Hoops, plus sultry song from Gracie, all ably accompanied on the piano by Fraulein Von Klaus
● Watch out for our wandering magician Oli B, who will dazzle and astonish all with his mind tricks and sleight of hand
● In the first floor Laurent-Perrier Champagne Lounge, for the entry price of a glass of Champagne, you can chat to our Champagne Experts and thrill as our bubbly burlesque temptress cavorts in a giant Champagne glass
● In the atmospheric ground floor Pernod Absinthe Lounge allow the drink they called the "Green Fairy" to soothe and inspire your soul, and receive a complimentary sample and masterclass in her history and preparation from our Absinthe Guru
● Try the specially designed Herr Kettner's Kabaret cocktails at our three bars: click here for the cocktail menu
● For those without dining tickets there will be a bar food menu of Germanic snacks on offer at a dedicated servery on the second floor. Guests are also welcome to dine in the Brasserie before joining the party (reservation required)
● Treat yourself to professional vintage styling from Lipstick & Curls, whose pop-up salon will be offering complimentary primping from 7.30pm
● Have a glamorous vintage photo portrait taken at our in-house pop-up studio by Julien Creff of Café Foto
● To see the dedicated Facebook event for this party click here